Tuesday, November 24, 2009

MTV Week 4 (The first month recap)

I have learned all of these essential skills so far that benefit me to be one of the office's favorite intern. The VP of Nickelodeon knows me by name. I am calling the record labels and representatives of Justin Timberlake, Ciara, Beyonce, and Rihanna. With all of this great stuff that I am performing, I remember one of the most important things to do at any internship; NETWORK. Networking is essentially what will get me a job after I graduate. Besides the people I work under, I have networked myself to meeting people in the Development Department, Marketing, Advertising, and Programming. I have Had a meeting with Spencer Cotter. He is head of Marketing for VH1 and BET. I have a potential chance at getting a freelance job this summer in his marketing department. He has been an advisor to me. He told me what to focus on as far as Marketing Television. These relations I am making are so great. I am only eager to see how the rest of this short experience will play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment