Tuesday, November 24, 2009

MTV Networks Week 6 (Oct. 12 to 15)

As the Halo Awards is now less than two months away, I am making sure I am on top of my game. I am bringing home some of my work so I can impress my supervisors as well as myself. I have learned that conquering this, sometimes grueling, work has made me feel more prepared for the real world. In life, we may get tasks that aren't always the most exciting. It is our job to find ourselves through the work. Research is the most essential thing to my work. I have to find the publishers contact information as well as the label's info. I have learned to also look for information from about 5 to 6 different sources. my main sources of information are ascap.com, allmusic.com, bmi.com, MVA and DM5. I have access to great sources as I work here. I am extremely lucky to have these sources as some places do not. It is essential to find a level of professionalism. No one will take you seriously if you are not assertive about what you are doing. It takes power from your physical and mental senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment